What you need to know to Move to Florida, St. Augustine and St. Johns County.
FIRST ANNUAL St. Augustine Chalk Walk – Paseo Pastel
March 22, 23, 24, 2013
an approved St. Augustine 450th Signature Event
Sponsored by: StAR Council
Contact: Lydia Keohane: 904-501-6100
Considering a move to Florida?
Great idea. We have wonderful weather, a great economy, and no state income tax. Have you considered St. Augustine, Florida, our nation's oldest city?
St. Johns County is the healthiest county in the state of Florida.
- Compare Insurance Rates in Florida
- Compare Healthcare Ratings of All Florida Counties
- Top 10 Place to Retire (#3) -St. Augustine, FL only Florida city to make the list
- Links to info on Moving to Florida
- #1 Schools in Florida - St. Johns County Schools - 4th Year in a Row!
- St. Johns County- 1 of 3 Healthiest Counties in the State of Florida
- Top 50 Hospital in Country - Flagler Hospital
- Find Homes in St. Augustine, Florida through a Real Estate Professional
-Review the Florida DEP's 2011 Survey of Outdoor Recreational Participation
- Surf Report
St. Augustine is known to many as a great place to visit. It is our nation's oldest city and most Floridians visit St. Augustine in the summer. All Florida school children visit St. Augustine as part of their Florida history class.
But, there is more to St. Augustine. It is also a wonderful place to live. With no state income tax as well as many other tax benefits consistent with the state of Florida. St. Augustine residents enjoy a lower crime and better schools than other parts of Florida.
While other parts of Florida are known for one season, traffic, over-crowding, hurricanes, high insurance rates, high rises, congested beaches, etc. St. Augustine is unique.
Life is slower in St. Augustine and we like it like that! We know our neighbors and members in the community. St. Augustine has a small town feel, but with much culture, history, events, great independent restaurants, schools and health care. Here are some of the things that make St. Augustine and St. Johns County a great place to live:
St. Johns County is the #1 school district in the state of Florida
Historic lack of hurricanes
Fabulous Health Care